On 13 of February it was published in the BOE: from February 14th until November 2016, the big companies or corporate groups are obliged to do energetic audits, 85% of total energy consumption during their practices.
- Companies with at least 250 employees.
- All the companies which their business volume exceeds 50 EUR millions or their overall balance exceeds 43 EUR millions.
- In addition, the corporate groups which comply with one of the two conditions.
PYMES are excluded, but Grupo Render Industrial recommends an audits to all companies because the save is significant.
What is the obligation?
One energetic audit every 4 years, 85 % of total energy consumption during their practices.
These companies should present this audit within the first 9 months from 14 February 2016, which means before 14th November 2016.
Other possibility is that the big companies implant a Management or Environmental system (UNE-EN ISO 500001 or 14001), where a minimum requirement is to overcome the energetic audit.
The Art.3&3 establishes the directives that the audit should comply, necessary by a lack of a common criteria.
An Administrative Registry for Energetic Audits has been created (public and free) where the companies have to contribute this document: Model of communication about performance of energy audits. The period is not exceed three months from the implementation of audit.
How does it work?
The steps required to make an energetic audit:
- Identification and evaluation of energy supplies
- Detailed description and analysis of the production process
- Breakdown of power consumptions
- Suggested improvements:
– With or without investment
– Operability of the equipment.
With the energetic audit you can get:
- Correct information on actual energetic consumption of each installation
- Reduction in energetic consumption, and thus also costs
- Better use of energy
- Reduction of CO2 emissions
- Improving the competitiveness of enterprises
- Improving the social image